Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Been on the road

So, I've been on the road and busy as hell. I will post my last two shaves for SOTD and keeping track for myself. What I can tell you though... I'm thinking the soap is part of the problem. Today, in a hotel, I used my Art of Shaving shaving cream and it gave a MUCH nicer lather (to my tastes) and lathered up directly on the beard like a frickin' champ! I'm also using the Dovo Travel Brush in Silvertip Badger, and it was VERY nice. I think I like the smaller brush size better, but that may just be for lathering on the face and because I was using cream instead of soap.

I ordered some Proraso shaving cream and pre/post cream which should be waiting for me when I get home. I also got an Alum Block, so it will be interesting to see how well that works for me. I got all of this from Em's Place online. Prices were good and I REALLY liked the Alum Block she has because, the one I got, comes with it's own whicker basket to sit in and dry.

I also found Pinaud Clubman nick relief that is a liquid with a sponge applicator. This worked GREAT for me and didn't leave the silly powder residue of the Styptic pencils. I found this at CVS I believe... it was local anyway, and that's what made me happy. I also picked up Aqua Velva "Ice Sport" aftershave which has a pretty decent scent that isn't too heavy and doesn't seem to linger (I was pleasently surprised).

So, I'll get more into my last two shaving experiences and my technique when I have a chance to post them.

No comments: