Saturday, April 5, 2008

Got my HUGE DE Blade Sampler

I got my Tryphon Sampler Pack #5 (Huge) which comes with 165 blades!! It was only $40 shipped to my door. I'm pretty sure that's cheaper than what I paid for a 16 pack of Gillette Fusion cartridges from Sam's Club!! I got the idea from LeisureGuy's book and his topic of trying as many different blades in your razors as you can because each blade/person/razor is different. So the only way to find your perfect combination is by experimenting with different blades... the more the better!

While I may actually throw away (or give away) some of the packs of those blades if they don't work for me, it should still get me by on needing to buy razors for quite some time (6 months possibly). I REALLY think you should look at LeisureGuy's method for trying different blades because it makes a lot of sense (I'm talking about how to try different blades, being not one after another, but rather a more scientific and controlled test to see the differences). Based on this, I am NOT trying the different blades (in the same razor) yet until I get my technique down better, which is mainly razor angle which ALSO differs between razors, sometimes greatly.

I will probably post quite a bit on my blade findings, but remember it is all subjective and very personal.

No comments: