Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday's bliss - SOTD

Went with the Fat Boy again and loving it! Today I had started to get ready for the shower but had to wait for my 6 yr old daughter to take one since she just got home from lacrosse and needed to go to a birthday party. I put on the Proraso Pre-shave cream and it got to sit on my beard forever... it actually sank into my skin most of the way by the time I could hop in the shower. This resulted in a very soft beard for me... but I don't think I will ever have that luxury of time to leave it on again.

I would guess that this affected my shave for the better. The shave did go well with only a few weepers, but NO nicks. I bumped up the blade level to 3 thinking that this would allow me to use less pressure and get a closer shave. I used 3 passes, with the third including minor touch-ups. I didn't go full-on ATG, but the shave is pretty darn close. Some areas are MUCH more sensitive than others and prone to blade skipping/tugging which would cause nicks, so I avoid ATG on those areas and when I do go over them I use even lighter pressure.

I only used the Proraso Pre cream on the first and second pass. The third was strictly lather. After my shave I decided to use the alum block because of the weepers and this completely took care of the bleeding and didn't sting as much as previous shaves. I then let that sit on my face and cleaned my gear. Once finish cleaning I rinsed it off and used my Aqua Velva Ice Sport aftershave splash... this still burned a bit, but not bad.

That was it and I feel great about the shave. It didn't take long and came out nice. Equipment was the same as Thursday's except where noted.

No comments: